Oats, one of the most nutritious grains, are a great source of both carbs and fibre. There are so many ways for you to consume oats and the best part is that they’re filling so this is great for weight management. As we know, breakfast is a particularly important meal of the day as this is when the overnight fast is broken. Which is exactly why oats is a perfect breakfast choice due to its nutrition value. Plus, you won’t ever get sick of it as there are endless ways to enjoy oats, from porridge to muffins, we have you covered! Keep reading for a few quick and easy healthy recipes on some different ways you can eat oats healthily! Remember that you can get extremely creative, so throw in your favourite toppings or swap some ingredients to cater for your tastebuds!
1. Put 1/3 cup of oats in a microwaveable bowl then stir in 2/3 of almond milk or water.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir then microwave again for another minute.
3. Add 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder.
4. Top with fruits such as blueberries and strawberries or some healthy fats such as 1 tablespoon peanut butter or 2 crushed pieces of dark chocolate that melt into the porridge making it a delicious chocolate oat bowl with a great source of protein.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.3
2. Blend 30g oats to form oat flour.
3. Combine oat flour, 1 egg, 100g Chobani vanilla protein yoghurt, 1 scoop protein powder and sugar free maple syrup or stevia for sweetness.
4. Once muffin batter is formed, evenly distribute batter into muffin tray.
5. Add some fresh blueberries into each muffin then place in oven for around 20-25 mins or until it is no longer gooey inside.
1. Place 1 cup oats, 1/3 cup low fat Greek yoghurt, 1 cup almond milk and 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup in a jar or container.
2. Refrigerate overnight for the oats to set.
3. Enjoy the next morning with your favourite healthy toppings such as fresh fruit, peanut butter or almonds.
And there you have just 3 of the MANY ways to enjoy your oats. Now be sure to add oats to your shopping list and get creative! Whether you make pancake batter with it just some traditional porridge, your body will love you for fuelling it with the right nutrients.